Saturday, July 17, 2010

Five by Elsie

Elsie Trusty CHILDERS. b. 26 Sep. 1924, Henderson, Kentucky, USA . Businesswoman, music publisher, song writer. Hospital secretary, 1953-1956, clerk (US Department of Agriculture) 1956-1980. Built Recording Studio on own 135 acre farm, in Nebo, Kentucky.

Five songs that Mrs. Elsie T. Childers wrote, that is. That's just five of the numerous songs that Elsie Childers wrote (the BMI online database is listing 275 Elsie Childers songs). Songs #1 and 2 were the results of her collaboration with Chaw Mank (Blue Ribbon and Blue J, out out Stanton, Ill.)

1. I Don’t Want A Bunny Or Dolly (I Just Want Elvis Instead)

2. I Don't Want A Bracelet Or Diamond (I Just Want Elvis Instead)

3. I Can't Decide (If It's The Beatles, Elvis Or Rick)

4. You Really Knock Me Out

5. I Get The Message



Chaw Mank, of Blue Ribbon Music, Box 30, Staunton, Ill., is agenting Bobbie Jean Ferandes, 11-year old singer who is making appearances on WOKZ, alton, Ill. He advises that the youngster will soon cut a new tune titled « I don’t Want a bunny or Dolly (I Just Want Elvis Instead ») … {Billboard, March 16, 1959)



Blue-J 3: Mary Kaye -- I Don't Want A Bracelet Or Diamond (I Just Want Elvis Instead) (Chaw Mank-Elsie Childers. Another Chaw Mank label.



Film City 1052 : Rod Rogers with The Swinging Strings -- I Can't Decide (If It's The Beatles, Elvis Or Rick) (Chaw Mank-Elsie Childers); next release on Film City (1053) was also a Childers song : A Kiss Can Tell (see pic).


Jerry & the Night Trains with the Masters Three (Trusty 100)
The flip is an instrumental as by the Night Trains and credited to Faulk, Dorris, Rice and Rice)



The Interpreters
I Get The Message
Gemini 00 (1965)


“I Get the Message” was featured on Vol 1 of Girls in the Garage! Girl duo from Frankfurt, Germany. Was issued with a picture sleeve 

As said Mimi La Twisteuse : "Not much is out there about who Sylvia and Beate were, or how this record ended up on American shores. If anyone has a clue, do tell!"


.

No comments:

Post a Comment