Monday, January 3, 2011

Rocket Baby

Jack Martin

Rocket Baby

Chart 3010

This somewhat obscure Chart label is listed in Rockin' Country Style.

No location is given. As far as I can tell, the only fact which can be assumed is that the label was the subsidiary of a recording studio located at 420 Broad St., Nashville, Tennessee. I'm not sure about the ownership or even about the studio's name : Fidelity Recordings or Globe Records. Probably issued around 1958, and like the other Chart records listed in Rockin' Country Style, was never reviewed by Billboard.

Mosberger, one of the songwriters, is Steve G. Mosberger (b. 1906-) whose name pop up on various "song poem" records labels, such as Fable, Abbey, Dial and Allstar.



.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Bob,
    I just downloaded all your posts (phew!) and want to say thank for all the great label scans, info and audio. I even came across a couple of 45s that I posted on my blog at one point. Ooops. Any tips for getting divshare links to not expire? Mine have stopped working after about 6 months. I guess buying an account would help, maybe.

    Great job,
    Derik
    Somelocalloser.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Derik,

    Thanks for your interest.

    Regarding the divshare free account time limit, they say "Your files are accessible from anywhere and stay online for as long as you have an account with us.".

    But I've checked few of my older files (from March to June 2009) and some are not working anymore...

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. The connection to Globe... and the fact that some of the Chart 45s feature a different artist on each side... lead me to believe this was yet another song poem label (albeit a much hipper one than most).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Jeff, that's also what I think.

    Kenny Marlow(e) and Gary Walker were almost certainly involved in the production of these Chart sides.

    ReplyDelete